SAVE THE DATE: September 27, 2017 for the 13th Annual Nativity Prep Academy Golf Classic presented by Sudberry Properties
Annual Report Card
Each year, we issue an Annual Report Card, measurable data points showing our success in a variety of areas and made possible only with the generous support of our benefactors.
Following are some recent highlights from the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Graduates from last year’s eighth-grade class (Class of 2012) earned admissions to and are currently attending, among others, the following high schools: The Bishop’s School, Cathedral, Francis Parker School, High Tech High, Mater Dei Catholic, Mater Dei High School (Santa Ana), Our Lady of Peace, Rosary High School (Fullerton), and Saint Augustine High School.
- This past spring, our boys soccer team and our boys and girls track teams won championships in the Catholic Sports League of San Diego.
- All three grades participated in overnight science camping trips, including a four-day trip to Yosemite National Park for our 8th graders.
- Our fourth class of graduates (Class of 2008) enrolled in post-secondary education programs, including UC Irvine, UC Santa Cruz, Southwestern College, and Mesa College.
- Provided more than $100,000 in direct high school financial assistance for our graduates.
- 90% (9/10) faculty-retention rate.
- Nearly perfect 98.4% daily student-attendance rate for the year.
- Better than 80% of students remained academically eligible and participated in one or more seasons of interscholastic sports.
- Our graduating eighth grade class (Class of 2012) achieved a year-end class average score in science at the 11th grade level (10.7), nearly two years (1.7) ahead of the national average. And those same students achieved even better in mathematics, finishing the year at the 11th grade level (10.9) as well.
- Our current eighth-grade class (Class of 2013) achieved better than two (2.2) years of growth in language and science, finishing the academic year nearly a year-and-a-half (9.3 and 9.4, respectively) ahead of the national average.
- Our current seventh-grade class (Class of 2014) achieved better than one year (1.5) of growth in mathematics, finishing the academic year ahead of grade level by a year and a half.
- For the tenth consecutive year, 100% parent attendance for quarterly parent-teacher conferences.
- 7:1 student/teacher ratio – roughly four times higher than area schools.
- With an extended year and extended-school day, 35% additional school hours compared to area schools.
- All 40 rising seventh and eighth graders attended the YMCA summer resident camp at Camp Marston (Julian, CA).