Extended Day / Extended Year
Our students attend school daily from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and until 5:00 p.m. on Fridays.
The following is a brief outline of our ten-hour day:
7:15 am – 8:00 am Arrival
8:00 am – 8:15 am Homeroom/Assembly (for scheduled days only)
8:00 am – 4:30 pm Breakfast/Academic Classes/Lunch and Recess
4:30 pm – 6:00 pm Cleaning/Snack/Study Hall/Sports
- Each content-area class is scheduled for 65 to 70 minutes each day.
- Our 90-minute, daily afternoon study hall is structured time for students to begin their home assignments and to work with teachers, if needed, for additional help.
- Breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack are offered for each student each day.
- Each of our 60+ students helps clean the school each day.
- Our weekly schedule includes a 70-minute tutorial period, a time set aside for silent reading or for students to meet with teachers or with tutors for additional academic support.
Sports – Students who are academically eligible to participate in interscholastic sports, and who choose to participate, can do so for three seasons each year. Practices take place two days each week during afternoon study hall.
Our academic schedule is year-round – Beginning in September and going through June, students attend for ten hours a day, and then return from early July through mid-August with our five-week summer semester.
Parent Commitment – As part of the annual scholarship agreement that parents and students sign with the school each year, the commitment from our families includes a non-negotiable commitment to follow our full-year schedule.