SAVE THE DATE: May 20, 2017 The 5th Annual Toast to the Future Beer and Wine Tasting
As an independent, tuition-free school serving low-income families, we rely on the generosity of individual benefactors, corporate grants, and foundation grants to support 100% of our costs each year. In light of our unique mission and funding model, Nativity Prep actively seeks and admits students who will make the most of the opportunity we provide. We look for students who demonstrate a commitment to their education, a seriousness of purpose, and a willingness to work hard. While prior academic achievement is considered, we place much greater value on a student’s desire to achieve success in high school, college, and career, and on the family’s capacity for long-term commitment–from middle school through college.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Financial need: Nativity Prep students come from families that qualify for free or reduced lunch. Our mission and purpose focus explicitly on low-income families.
- Educational need: Nativity Prep students represent the first generation in their families to earn a college education. All candidates must be the first, or among the first of their siblings, to earn a college education.
Applicants and their parent(s) or guardian(s) must then do/complete the following:
- submit a completed admissions application, which includes a written statement of intent from both the parent or guardian and from the student candidate
- submit a copy of each of the following documents–the student candidate’s birth certificate, Social Security card, immunization records, most recent report card, standardized test, and two letters of recommendation
- attend a full-day visit at our school
- complete an interview with our director of admissions
- complete an in-house admissions exam
- attend a parent-information session
Admissions decisions are made by a committee of full-time faculty, the Principal, and the President, under the guidance of our Director of Admissions, with all components of a student candidate’s application considered.
For more information on admissions, please contact Mr. Bill Sullivan, Director of Admissions, at 619-544-9455, x 230, or by e-mail at email@example.com